*You will need a pottery wheel*
- Knead the clay with your hand until you get all of the air bubbles out of it. If you slice it with thread, you can check for air bubbles.
- Make a ball of clay and toss it around in your hands to loosen it up.
- Dry your wheel and make sure you have a bucket of water near you.
- Throw the clay onto the center of the wheel.
- Start spinning the wheel. While you spin, wet the clay a little and use a hand to keep it steady.
- Wet your hands and work the clay into a cone.
- Use your thumb to put a hole in the middle while you are still spinning.
- Use your hand to make the hole of the vase as big as you want it.
- Pull the clay up from the bottom. Keep spinning.
- Spread the top out to make a ridge.
- Remove vase from wheel.
- Put the vase in the fire and pray you don’t burn it and have to start over.
- You are done.